I simply have to get me one of these T-shirts. Just think of all the opportunities it is likely to create for sharing the gospel.
There are so many implications housed within this little clip. However, I could not figure out how to write an article sufficient to cover them. Therefore, in traditional Puritan fashion I will simply – make a list.
- Romans 2: 15 Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another;) – There is right and wrong and we all know it within our hearts weather regenerated or not. The conscience is the ally of the evangelist.
- Matthew 7:1 Judge not that ye be not judged – I mean really, pointing out the painfully obvious is not a judgment, but rather making a perception. However it must be tempered with love.
- 5:20 Moreover the law entered, that the offense might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound: – Many of us know that something is wrong but we may have seared our conscience against it, often times someone else pointing out our sin will revive our conscience.
- Psalms 51:12 Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit. 13 Then will I teach transgressors thy ways; and sinners shall be converted unto thee. – When we have the indwelling of the Spirit we can recognize sin more readily. The joy of salvation motivates the evangelist.
- Matthew 15: 10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father’s commandments, and abide in his love. – Christians will hate sin when we see it. And because we love the redeemer we are always ready to declare his law, and grace to others.
- Mark 12:33 And to love him with all the heart, and with all the understanding, and with all the soul, and with all the strength, and to love his neighbor as himself, is more than all whole burnt offerings and sacrifices. – Admonishment, with a sincere heart, is to Love you neighbor.
- Mark 6:12 And they went out, and preached that men should repent. – Although evangelism starts with a recognition of man’s depravity and the calling of attention to sin, and continues to the proclamation of the gospel, it is only completed in the command of repentance.
I am sure there are many other applications of evangelism for this little cartoon strip. But I simply don’t have the room to go over them here. As always, comments are welcome and encouraged.