What is Christian Piety and Godliness?
On this episode of G220 Radio, Blair Radney from Hearts for the Lost will be conversing with George Alvarado about Christian piety. What is it? What is it not? What should motivate us toward piety? What’s the end goal? Finally, what are some practical principles that we can live by that will assure us that we are living godly lives? Here’s a clue: It’s not just about resisting sin. Piety can get a pretty bad rap, so with a few Scriptures and good spiritual books, it’s time to straighten some things out. Don’t miss this episode!
On this episode you will learn about this aspect of Christian living as we walk through Titus 2:11-15 and discuss…
- What piety and godliness is and what it is not.
- Types of spiritual disciplines in the Christian’s life.
- Bible intake
- Worship and the sacraments.
- Serving and Christian society
- Fasting biblically.
- Mediation on scripture.
- and much more
- Spiritual Disciplines for the Christian Life by Donald S. Whitney
- With Christ in the School of Prayer by Andrew Murray
- Indwelling Sin in Believers by John Owen
- Prima, Media, Ultima or The First, Middle, and Last Things by Isaac Ambrose.
- Listen to this biographical sketch on Isaac Ambrose